Dr Rashmi Sawhney
Clinical Locality Lead, Wycombe Locality
GP at Riverside Surgery, High Wycombe
Nurse Locality Lead, Wycombe Locality
Practice Nurse at Wye Valley Surgery
Locality GP Practices
- Carrington House Surgery
- Chiltern House Medical Centre
- Cressex Health Centre
- Desborough Surgery
- Kingswood Surgery
- Priory Surgery
- Riverside Surgery
- Tower House Surgery
- Wye Valley Surgery
- Wycombe locality is the largest of the four Chiltern CCG GP localities with approximately 87,000 registered patients.
- The population is younger than the Bucks average, with a smaller proportion of people aged 65+ and a larger proportion of people aged 20-39.
- As a whole the locality is more deprived than the Bucks average.
- The locality is more ethnically diverse than the Bucks average.
- Life expectancy for the population of the locality as a whole is lower than that for the Buckinghamshire population.
- The incidence of diabetes is greater in the locality population than in Bucks as a whole.
- Early death rates are higher on average than for Bucks. Bucks has some of the lowest death rates in the country.
Particular Health Issues for the Locality
- Early years (aged 0-5)
- Higher birth rate compared to Bucks
- Higher rate of low birth weight babies
- Lower proportion of 5 year olds assessed as having a good rounded level of development
- People with long term conditions:
- Cardiovascular conditions (e.g. heart attacks and strokes).
For further details about Wycombe Locality, please see the Wycombe GP Locality Profile.
This profile is dated to 2016. Some of the content reflects the findings of the national census undertaken every ten years, the most recent of which was undertaken in 2011. This content is not expected to be reviewed and updated until after the next census, to take place in 2021.