Dr Peter Newman
Clinical Locality Lead, Wooburn Green Locality
GP at Hawthornden Surgery, Bourne End
Locality GP Practices
- Cherrymead Surgery – Loudwater
- Hawthornden Surgery – Bourne End
- Highfield Surgery – Hazlemere
- Millbarn Medical Centre – Beaconsfield
- Pound House Surgery – Wooburn Green
- Stokenchurch Medical Centre – Stokenchurch
- The Marlow Medical Group – Marlow
- The Simpson Centre – Beaconsfield
- Wooburn Green locality is the third largest of the seven Bucks GP localities with approximately 87,100 people.
- The population is older than the Bucks average, with a higher proportion of people aged 65+.
- As a whole the locality is less deprived than the Bucks average.
- The locality is less ethnically diverse than the Buckinghamshire average.
- The population of the locality experiences similar or better health than the Buckinghamshire population.
- Hospital admission rates (emergency & elective) and A&E attendance rates are lower than the Bucks average.
- Early death rates are lower than for Bucks. Bucks has some of the lowest death rates in the country.
Particular Health Issues for the Locality
- The needs of older people across the locality, including falls prevention
- People with long term conditions: such as cardiovascular conditions and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
For further details about Wooburn Green Locality, please see the Wooburn Green GP Locality Profile.
This profile is dated to 2016. Some of the content reflects the findings of the national census undertaken every ten years, the most recent of which was undertaken in 2011. This content is not expected to be reviewed and updated until after the next census, to take place in 2021.