Nurse Locality Lead, Southern Locality
Practice Nurse at The Misbourne Practice, Chalfont St Peter
Locality GP Practices
- Burnham Health Centre – Burnham
- Denham Medical Centre – Denham
- The Ivers Practice – Iver Heath
- Southmead Surgery – Farnham Common
- The Allan Practice – Chalfont St Peter
- The Hall Practice – Chalfont St Peter
- The Misbourne Practice – Chalfont St Peter
- Threeways Surgery – Stoke Poges
- Southern locality is the fourth largest of the seven Bucks GP localities with approximately 78,500 registered patients.
- The population is older than the Bucks average, with a higher proportion of people aged 65+.
- As a whole the locality is less deprived than the Bucks average, but some small areas are more deprived.
- The locality is generally less ethnically diverse than the Buckinghamshire average, but some areas are similar.
- Buckinghamshire as a whole is very healthy.
- Southern locality generally experiences similar health to the Buckinghamshire population, although there are some differences.
- Emergency admission rates among those aged over 65 are higher, as well as emergency admissions for falls.
- Cardiovascular (e.g. heart attacks and strokes) emergency admission rates are higher.
- Early death rates are slightly lower in the Southern Locality than for Bucks. Bucks has some of the lowest death rates in the country.
Particular Health Issues for the Locality
- The needs of older people across the locality, including falls prevention.
- People with long term conditions particularly cardiovascular conditions.
For further details about Southern Locality, please see the Southern GP Locality Profile.
This profile is dated to 2016. Some of the content reflects the findings of the national census undertaken every ten years, the most recent of which was undertaken in 2011. This content is not expected to be reviewed and updated until after the next census, to take place in 2021.