The Macmillan Cancer Support charity’s mobile information and support service will be visiting Buckinghamshire in early February – in their big green bus nicknamed ‘Bertie’.
The service is open to everyone. Whether you have a cancer diagnosis, have a friend or relative affected by cancer, or are worried about cancer in any way at all, there are lots of ways that Macmillan can support you – medically, financially, emotionally and practically.
The bus will be crewed by a dedicated team of highly qualified Macmillan professionals, who travel across the area in Bertie – one of the charity’s fleet of six buses.
Bertie will be in High Wycombe’s High Street on 6 Feb, Aylesbury’s Market Square on 7 Feb and Aylesbury’s Tesco Superstore on the Tring Road on 8 Feb. It will be available from 10am to 4pm on each of these days.
The mobile team can help people with:
- Screening and what to look out for – for example, signs and symptoms
- Different cancers, their treatments and side effects
- How cancer affects your life – for example: finances or employment
- Talking about your cancer, or talking to someone with cancer
- Being there for someone with cancer, or the support available locally
- Survivorship and recurrence of cancer
For more information on the service, please click here.