As per national guidance a Buckinghamshire Health & Social Care Staff Vaccination Allocation Bureau has been established to identify and prioritise Health and Social Care workers for the COVID vaccination.
The vaccination is being offered to:
Frontline health and social care workers at high risk of acquiring infection, at high individual risk of developing serious disease, or at risk of transmitting infection to multiple vulnerable persons or other staff in a healthcare environment as set out in JCVI advice on prioritisation document and the standard operating procedure for vaccinating health and social care staff released on the 14th January 2021.
If you have not yet been contacted about the vaccination and you would like one please speak to your employer in the first instance, if you have one, as they should have been contacted to support coordination.
If you are an employer or practice independently and have not been contacted, please contact the appropriate email address below and provide a lead name, contact telephone number, email address and the name of your organisation or job role:
Health care employees: email@example.com
Social care employees: COVIDvaccination@buckinghamshire.gov.uk
This information will be recorded on a central database and you will be contacted with booking instructions as capacity allows. Please note the health and social care cohort is extremely large so please be patient whilst awaiting information about your vaccine
Please Note : You may also be contacted by your GP and or another vaccination site and it is your choice as to which route you take to obtain your vaccine.
Data Security and Protection Arrangements: to evidence compliance with data security and protection standards and relevant legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- A data controller is an organisation which owns data it collects and which it may supply to others for further processing. For this vaccination service, NHS Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group is the data controller. Its Fair Processing Notice is published here.
- The data it collects shall be processed by other organisations in order to provide the service, including Buckinghamshire Council and Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust as provider of local hospital sites.
- The CCG is providing this service in accordance with operational guidance published by NHS England here. A supplementary privacy notice specifically associated with COVID-19 is published here. Details as regards processing of patient data associated with the vaccination programme is published here
- A statutory notice has been issued under the Control of Patient Information Regulations (COPI) 2002 which permits access to patient identifiable information and includes delivering services to patients, clinicians, the health services and adult social care services workforce and the public about and in connection with COVID-19. This sets aside a need to establish a legal basis under the common law duty of confidentiality, which is ordinarily the legal basis required to process identifiable data associated with individual health.
- As regards GDPR, the legal basis is duly established as under Article 6(1) (e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. The subsequent conditions under article 9 (processing special category data) that shall also apply when a vaccination is administered are (h) Health or social care (with a basis in law) and (i) Public health (with a basis in law).
- A Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) with further details and record keeping arrangements is available here For further information please contact the CCG Data Protection Officer.