GP practices in Buckinghamshire are inviting eligible patients for a free NHS Health Check.
If you are aged between 40-74 years, an NHS Health Check is available free of charge. A health check is an important step which could contribute towards improving your health and becoming more aware of what you can do to lead a healthier life. The NHS Health Check can help lower your risk of developing heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, type 2 diabetes and some types of dementia.
People who are eligible are encouraged to take up the offer to book an appointment and use this as an opportunity to improve their future health. You are eligible for the NHS Health Check if: –
- You are between 40 – 74 years old
- You are resident in Buckinghamshire or registered with a Buckinghamshire GP
- You have not had an NHS Health Check within the last five years
- You are not already diagnosed with or currently taking medication for:
- Stroke or TIA (mini stroke)
- Heart Disease or Heart failure
- Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
The NHS Health Check interactive website provides information about what happens at the NHS Health Check, when and how to get one, and how to lower your risk.
For further information on find your local health check visit Bucks County Council website.